- Vocalizing exercises to warm-up voices and teach ‘Bel Canto’ (beautiful singing)
- Beginning with rote teaching, students will progress to note reading using solfège to sight-reading and recognize notes and intervals
- Rounds and Partner songs
- Choral music with 2, 3, and 4-part harmonies
- Percussion instruments incorporated into some of the music
- Preparation for assemblies and special performances with proper stage presence
An arts curriculum that will be music to your ears.
Arts, Handwork, Movement & Music
While our school is not an art school, art is brought into every subject. The arts are woven into just about every minute of every day in every grade, from early childhood all the way through middle school. The simple, single color watercolor studies in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten lead into more intricate line and form drawings as students progress through the grades.