PLEASE REVIEW NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS BEFORE COMING TO CAMPUS
New policies and procedures have been made to comply with both Washoe County Human Services (WCHS) and the Washoe County Health District (WCHD) regulations regarding operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. This information contains our most current policies and procedures.
- Before coming to school, please take your child’s temperature daily. Be prepared to tell the teacher who greets you in the morning what it was.
- Please arrive between 8:30 am and 8:45 am
- To limit the number of people inside the garden and the building, and to decrease use of common surfaces, parents will drop off outside the EC gate. You will be greeted by a staff member, who will administer our daily health check questions, including daily temperature and symptoms, and who will sign your child in.
- If a parent has forgotten to take a temperature, the staff member will disinfect the thermometer and give it to the parent so they can take their child’s temperature. When the thermometer is handed back, it will be disinfected, and the staff member will disinfect their hands as well.
- Your child will receive a squirt of hand sanitizer before entering the garden. This may be the only time the children use hand sanitizer. The rest of the day will include a lot of vigorous hand washing.
- Your child will be escorted, or in the case of older children, watched, as they make their way to the next teacher posted at the Kindergarten gate. With help, they will store their belongings in their outdoor cubby. Please make sure all of their things, including nap mats, extra clothes, water bottle, sunscreen, and lunch, fit inside a cubby. Think small and compact. We have to keep everything separate.
- When you arrive at school to pick up your child, please call one of the teachers to let them know you are waiting in the parking lot. They will gather your child’s belongings, sign them out, wash your child/ren’s hands, and walk them to the front. Please know that this process may take a few minutes, but our staff is working as quickly as possible. The teachers’ phone numbers will be provided before the first day of the program.