Nurturing a culture of health, safety and shared responsibility.
Nevada Sage Waldorf School is committed to implementing health and safety precautions outlined in our Health and Safety Plan in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our school community. And we need your help! Because we are a close-knit community, we cannot do it without your support. We have the great fortune of being a responsive, dedicated, and caring community of families, faculty, and administration. By following precautions, together, we can decrease the chance of transmission.
We expect that guidance for how the school can be on campus is likely to change throughout the school year based on public health indicators and as more information becomes available. We will be responsive and flexible to meet changes and will provide you with timely communication regarding any changes.
Summary of COVID-19 Related Mitigation Measures on Campus
- Individual classes functioning in pods or cohorts
- Limiting common areas on campus
- Hand washing and sanitizing, social distancing and mask protocols
- Isolated health area on campus for students with symptoms
- Touchless thermometers for temperature screenings
- More stringent cleaning procedures each night
- New office protocols; plexiglass barrier in office area
- Signage to serve as reminders for health and safety measures
- Training for faculty and staff for new health and safety procedures related to COVID-19