Nevada Sage Waldorf School is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to create high-level designs for promotional and collateral materials. Design and update all necessary collateral material for outreach events and office use such as flyers, visual aids, school directory, brochures, banners, and stationery. Manage brand awareness; ensure messaging is on point, final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
This contractor works closely with the school administrator on assigned projects. This person also works closely with the web administrator to ensure that the brand image and graphic standards are consistent throughout all print and web media platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Manage printing in-house and with print vendors
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, Excel, Google Workspace
- Ability to create dynamic written and graphical content
- Strong graphic design, typography, and layout skills for print and web platforms
- Flexibility to multi-task, work methodically, and meet deadlines
- Time-management skills
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- A keen eye for aesthetics and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to manage files for print production
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in graphic design.
- Independent contractor
- Hours per month varies, up to 10 hours/month
The Nevada Sage Waldorf School is 21-years-old and offers a nursery, preschool, and kindergarten classes, and a grades program through Grade 8.
To apply for this position, please email a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three professional references to email@example.com. Include “Graphic Designer” in the subject of the email. You are also welcomed to call Kelli Anastassatos, Administrator, at (775) 348-6622 with any questions.
To learn more about our school, visit our website at www.nevadasagewaldorf.org.