Nevada Sage Waldorf School is accepting applications for the Business Manager position. The Business Manager is responsible for all financial matters of the school’s operations including budget development and management, overseeing all school purchasing, and tuition assistance and scholarship programs. S/he collaborates with the Administrative Director, the Finance Committee, and the Board of Trustees in overseeing the financial and operational elements of the school.
The Business Manager is a full-time, salaried position.
Financial responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the school’s finances, including budget-to-actual analysis, and understanding trends and forecasting.
- Working with the bookkeeper, using standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the school.
- Reporting to faculty and board regarding class expenditures and up-to-date operating statements, respectively.
- Leading the development of the annual budget.
- Assisting in developing and communicating school’s financial policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will also have:
- Experience with nonhierarchical, collaborative leadership.
- Proactive attitude to build strong working relationships with the Administrative Team, Board, Faculty, and parents.
- Ability to confront difficult issues head-on in a calm, professional manner, and offer solutions.
- Strong interest in education, especially alternative models.
- Agreement with and commitment to the academic goals and philosophy of NSWS.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and in person.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance.
5 years of experience in financial, accounting, or operational management.
Advanced knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks, and other financial/accounting software
CPA or MBA with familiarity with GAAP nonprofit accounting.
Must pass a federal background check and return a negative TB test.
Health insurance, financial support for professional development, and tuition remission.
Nevada Sage Waldorf School is 22-years-old and offers programming from nursery through grade 8. At our school, you will find an enriching educational culture with engaged and happy students and a dedicated faculty. Our parents are enthusiastic and involved, and our board is supportive and visionary. As a Full Member of WECAN and an Associate Member of AWSNA, our school continues to grow under the guidance of the wider Waldorf movement. NSWS is located in the sunny Reno-Tahoe area at the foot of the magnificent Sierra Nevada mountain range and within the beautiful high desert.
Submit an Application
To apply, please email a letter of interest, brief biography, curriculum vitae, and three professional references to email@example.com. Include “Business Manager” in the subject of the email.